Fixed Asset Accountant
Company: Ruiz Food Products
Posted on: November 20, 2023
COMPENSATION: $80k - $110/yr DOE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely financial
statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash
flow statements. Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as internal reporting
- Financial Analysis: Conduct relevant financial analysis and
provide insights and recommendations to senior management based on
- Internal Controls: Assist in the development, implementation,
and monitoring of internal controls to safeguard company assets and
ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Identify areas for
improvement and implement best practices.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Support the annual budgeting process
and periodic forecasting activities. Collaborate with various
departments to gather financial data, analyze budget variances, and
provide accurate and insightful reports.
- Audit Support: Assist in coordinating and providing support for
external audits, including the preparation of audit schedules,
financial statements, financial statement footnotes and related
documentation. Address audit queries and ensure timely completion
- Compliance: Stay current with relevant accounting regulations
and ensure compliance with all reporting Assist in the preparation
of reports for banks and other external partners.
- Team Leadership: Supervise and mentor general ledger
accountants, providing guidance, training, and performance Foster a
collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Process Improvement:
- Continuously review accounting processes, identify
opportunities for automation and efficiency, and implement
streamlined processes to enhance accuracy and productivity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., finance,
procurement, operations) to streamline workflows and optimize asset
- Implement best practices in month-end close processes, minimize
risk, and support decision making processes. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A
Master's degree or CPA certification is highly desirable.
- Proven experience (4-7 years) in an accounting role, preferably
in the food or consumer packaged goods industry.
- Previous experience (1-2 years) supervising general ledger
accountants and accounting
- Strong knowledge of
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budgeting, and
- Excellent understanding of internal controls and financial
- Experience with ERP systems (lnfor M3 experience is highly
desirable) and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Ruiz Food Products, Frisco , Fixed Asset Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!