Posted on: September 19, 2023
Senior Network Engineer6+ contract/contract to hireMcKinney, TX
(Onsite)We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Network
Engineer for a 6+ month contract position, with the possibility of
transitioning to a full-time role, based in McKinney, TX. The ideal
candidate will possess expertise in various networking
technologies, particularly in Azure Networking, Silver Peak SDWAN,
Aruba, Ruckus, and Palo Alto virtual firewalls. Experience with
migrating from hosted Data Centers to the Cloud, especially with
Palo Alto virtual firewalls, is highly desirable. A Security
Certification would be a significant advantage.Key
- Network Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Proactively
monitor and analyze network performance to identify and address any
potential issues, including networks, firewalls, applications, and
- Solution Design: Collaborate with the IT team and vendors to
design appropriate solutions for identified issues, ensuring they
meet security requirements.
- Implementation: Work closely with the IT team and other
stakeholders to implement necessary upgrades, patches, and
troubleshooting measures based on the formulated solution. All
changes will be documented following proper change management
- Communication: Provide clear and proactive communication about
upcoming infrastructure changes to management and collaborate with
the workforce to ensure smooth transitions with minimal business
- Continuous Improvement: Utilize up-to-date knowledge of IT
infrastructure to identify opportunities for efficiency and
flexibility improvements. Formulate improvement plans and present
them to the leadership team.Required Skills and
- Proficiency in Azure Networking, Silver Peak SDWAN, Aruba,
Ruckus, and Palo Alto virtual firewalls.
- Experience with migrating from hosted Data Centers to the
Cloud, particularly with Palo Alto virtual firewalls.
- Security Certification is a valuable asset.
- Expertise in network configurations, including designing and
maintaining Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks
- Knowledge and experience in ground-up network installation and
setup, involving servers, routers, switches, access points, and
- Familiarity with 3rd party network and hosting providers.
- Experience with solution partners and vendors.
- Competence in backup, disaster recovery, and business
- Familiarity with cloud servers and virtual environments.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and domain services.
- Experience with remote management tools.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficiency in physical installs and client facility
- Basic understanding of Voice over IP (VoIP) in both hosted and
- Basic knowledge of web hosting and domain management.
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, analytical, and thrives
on challenges and problem-solving. They should be comfortable
working at all levels of an organization and be able to handle
crisis situations and manage multiple competing priorities
effectively. If you are a skilled and motivated Senior Network
Engineer, we invite you to apply and join our dynamic
team.#networkengineer #paloalto #azure #aruba #ruckus #sdwan
#silverpeakNote: Any pay ranges displayed are estimations.-- Actual
pay is determined by an applicant's experience, technical
expertise, and other qualifications as listed in the job
description.-- All qualified applicants are welcome to apply.Yoh, a
Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran.Visit--to contact us if you are an individual
with a disability and require accommodation in the application
Keywords: Yoh, Frisco , Network Engineer, Engineering , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!