Director of Accounting - Cement (Hybrid)
Company: Heidelberg Materials US, Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2023
AutoReqId: 16555BR Pay Class: Salaried Exempt Minimum Pay Rate:
$159,700.00 Maximum Pay Rate: $239,600.00 Department: Accounting
Line of Business: Corporate Administration (SSC, IT, Employee
Services, Etc.) Position Type: Full-Time Job Posting: Heidelberg
Materials is seeking a Director of Accounting - Cement to join our
team in Irving, TX. As a Director of Accounting, you will do the
following. The Director of Accounting role is primarily responsible
for managing the Accounting Shared Services for our Cement product
line. The position is based in Irving, Texas, and reports directly
to North Americas Senior Director of Accounting and Treasury.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future.
Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes
beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg
Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson,
operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees
in the U.S. and Canada. The Director of Accounting will manage two
teams of 13 accountants servicing operations in the U.S. and
Canada. The position will be responsible for managing two to three
direct reports and ten indirect reports. In addition, the Director
of Accounting has responsibility for the financial integrity of the
balance sheet and income statement for the Cement product line. The
Director of Accountings responsibilities covers five core focus
areas: organizational management, financial and cost accounting,
compliance, mergers and acquisition, and continuous improvement.
What You'll Get To Do
- Responsible for managing and developing a team of accounting
professionals through establishing actionable career development
goals that broaden employees skills and align with organizational
succession planning targets.
- Responsible for establishing and managing annual operating
targets aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Deliver service level support to internal and external
customers consistent with established SLAs.
- To serve as the primary finance partner for projects that drive
operational effectiveness and efficiency for assigned operating
- Collaborate with other functional areas in corporate, regional,
and local operations on special projects.
- Deliver results individually and as a senior leader in a
fast-paced, high-performance culture.
- Manage other assigned ad-hoc projects as set by the Senior
Director of Accounting and Treasury.
- Oversee the financial and operational transaction processing
for assigned operating lines.
- Responsible for accurately and timely closing SAP financial
systems for designated operating lines.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations for
assigned operating lines and legal entities.
- Manage inventory valuation adjustments and reserves for
assigned product lines.
- Responsible for overseeing the annual standard and actual
product costing for the Cement product line.
- Responsible for overseeing the annual physical inventory
attestation for the cement product line.
- Prepare and distribute reports and provide analysis/support as
- Provide technical accounting advice on accounting matters.
- Responsible for coordinating support for the external PwC
interim and year-end audits.
- Responsible for coordinating support for internal audits
performed by Heidelberg Cement GIA for areas of
- Responsible for compliance with accounting standards and
procedures under IFRS and Heidelberg Cement policies.
- Responsible for support of due diligence related to M&A
projects in areas of responsibility and expertise.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the integration plan
of accounting processes in areas of responsibility for any acquired
entities through M&A.
- Responsible for providing accounting TSA services for areas of
responsibility to the buyer for divestiture projects.
- Encourage and identify process improvement opportunities for
the Shared Service organization as it relates to the individuals
area of responsibility.
- Serve as a change leader and champion for process improvements
as part of the organizations continuous improvement
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting with 7 or more years of
experience directly managing a team of five or more
- Overall accounting experience should be at least 10 years
- Work experience should include organizations in size of a
minimum $1B in sales revenue and 1,000 employees
- Organizations should be a manufacturing, construction, or heavy
industries type of business
- Accounting experience should include the following:
- Revenue recognition
- Inventory Accounting
- Cost accounting and standard product costing
- Intercompany Accounting
- Large ERP and complex system experience (SAP, Oracle, JDE,
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual
- Competitive benefits programs
- Hybrid office environment
- Dress for Your Day - flexible dress code based on the type of
work and audience for the day
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributions
#LI-Hybrid Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Keywords: Heidelberg Materials US, Inc., Frisco , Director of Accounting - Cement (Hybrid), Executive , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!