Quality Coordinator - Design
Company: The Haskell Company
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Overview:Are you ready to move your career forward, and start
the BEST job of your life? Haskell is committed to providing you
with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We
promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows
you to develop the best how to get the job done. At Haskell, we
Create Things That Matter and have prioritized our team members'
experiences. One of our company pillars is to Provide Team Members
the BEST Job of Their Lives and we manifest that in a variety of
ways. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) creates stock
ownership for our full-time team members. As an employee-owned
company with an ownership culture, we work together for the benefit
of our clients and each other. Serves as a liaison between Quality
Staff Members (coordinators & SMEs) and Design/Construction teams
in all aspects of Quality Implementation Plan initiation and
monitoring. Key responsibilities of the position include the
initiation, monitoring, and compliance with the Quality
Implementation Plan (QIP) during the design phase of a project.
Maintains understanding of design QA processes/responsibilities and
initiates the project in Auditboard, Design QIP kickoff, and
Lessons Learned book production. Monitors completion of drawing
reviews and oversees QIP adherence to the QIP during construction.
- Quality Implementation Plan - AuditBoard
- Maintains competency in the utilization/navigation of the QIP -
- Maintains communications/interactions with assigned project
coordinators to ensure effective coordination/execution of quality
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with
internal customers in the delivery of corporate quality
- Provides QIP Auditboard support and training as required to
best assure expected outcomes.
- Works closely with Quality Support Specialist (Auditboard
Administrator) in the reporting and elevated support of the
- Assists Quality Coordinators in the collection and input of
monthly QIP scoring data into the Quality Performance Rating (QPR)
- Participates in periodic QIP audits with Quality Manager and/or
Director- Corporate Quality as requested.
- Project Specific Responsibilities
- Initiates Auditboard (QIP) processes for all new projects.
- Coordinates the scheduling of the required Quality Kick-off
Meetings for all projects (Design & Construction). Ensures all
required project stakeholders are included in the meeting.
- Participates with and/or serves as delegate to the assigned
Quality Coordinator in the facilitation of the Quality Kick-off
- Ensures the QIP Design Severity Index (DSI) is completed for
- Ensures all Project Team commitments identified in the Quality
Kick-off Meeting identify ownership and target completion
- Throughout the project duration, monitors all elements of the
QIP with emphasis on open items, upcoming requirements, design
review completion, and adherence to project team commitments.
- Prepares previous Lessons Learns e-books for use by the project
teams in the QIP development.
- Coordinates the scheduling of required post-design/construction
Lessons Learned meetings. Ensures all required project stakeholders
are included in the meeting.
- Conducts monthly project QIP summary discussions with the AE
Design Manager and/or Project Leader.
- Developmental Responsibilities
- The Quality Design Coordinator (QDC) position is intended as an
entry-level prerequisite to additional opportunities within the
Haskell Quality Department and/or organization. During tenure as
QDC additional developmental opportunities are expected where
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity with the Construction
Industry in any form preferred with 2 years of relevant experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills to effectively work
- Good organizational skills to handle/prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Computer skills: Ability to work with a laptop, tablet (iPad or
Microsoft equivalent), and mobile devices. Proficiency with
Microsoft Office programs and Bluebeam.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Successfully complete Haskell SafeMatters Orientation and
within one year the OSHA 30-hour Construction Industry Outreach
Training Program. Haskell offers a very robust and comprehensive
benefits package! Some of our offerings are: Health, dental, and
vision insurance plansCompany provided hospital indemnity, accident
and critical care plansRetirement savings plan (401k) with company
discretionary matching contributionsEmployee Stock Ownership
PlanPaid time off and nine company holidaysProfessional development
and training opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your
careerFlexible work hours and remote work optionsEmployee
assistance programs for physical and mental well-beingOpportunities
for growth and advancement within the organizationAND many
more!Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements: While
performing the duties of this job, this position is required to
have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other
locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch,
and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50
pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and
finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity
to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form
information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach
with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities: All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or
protected veteran status. Haskell will make reasonable
accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act
of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as
duties and responsibilities change with business necessities.
Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is a Drug-Free Workplace. #LI-RG1#LI-On-Site
Keywords: The Haskell Company, Frisco , Quality Coordinator - Design, Other , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!